DRC is Hiring
Dakota Resource Council, North Dakota’s only home-grown, statewide, multi-issue grassroots organization, is looking for a full-time field organizer for our just transition campaigns. We are working to ensure the communities and workers most affected by the historic energy transition are not left behind and help build stronger, more resilient, and diversified economies that work for everyone. The organizer’s responsibilities include working with people to address issues with sound and successful organizing efforts, empowering people to speak for themselves. The organizers work with DRC members on issues related to impacts on people’s lives and livelihoods. In Addition to just transition, DRC members work on impacts from oil and gas development, agriculture and food, and with local chapters across the state. DRC formed in 1978 and is a founding member of the Western Organization of Resource Councils.
FULL-TIME FIELD ORGANIZER-JUST TRANSITION
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Field Organizer is responsible for:
- Empowering individuals to speak for themselves by identifying and developing a diverse group of members who agree to serve as the organization’s public voice on a variety of issues.
- Formulating sound organizing strategies by analyzing the social and economic forces, power relationships, and political agendas that shape the local communities where they live and in North Dakota as a whole.
- Identifying, recruiting, and developing leaders and conducting one-on-ones on a regular basis.
- Working with people to define problems and issues, and helping them think through the strategies and tactics necessary to act with confidence and win.
- Recruiting members to strengthen and expand the membership base and making fundraising an integral part of their everyday organizing work.
- Enabling members to make good decisions by sharing information and raising questions, options and alternatives.
- Enabling members and leaders to hold good, productive meetings.
- Ensuring that members receive a consistently high standard of appropriate and effective training, development, and support.
- Striving to reflect on and improve skills on an ongoing basis and developing an annual self-development plan.
- Performing the administrative tasks necessary to accomplish their job.
Salary based on experience. Generous benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and three references to:
Dakota Resource Council
1720 Burnt Boat Drive Suite 104
Bismarck, ND 58504
Application Deadline: June 25, 2018 or until position is filled.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, ethnic background, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.