DRC campaigns traditionally focus on providing a strong local voice on immediate threats to the lives and livelihoods of our members. Over the years our members have worked on an array of issues including:
- Regulation of coal mining and oil and gas development for sound management of solid and toxic waste landfills.
- Promoting safe setbacks from homes.
- Siting pipelines and capturing natural gas.
- Protection of groundwater and clean air.
- Preservation and strengthening of family farms.
- Prevention of genetically modified wheat from being grown in North Dakota.
- Providing recycling to urban areas.
Read more about our previous and current organizing efforts and accomplishments in our quarterly newsletters.